lulzhearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the sharpest band around!

2 posters

Go down

the sharpest band around! Empty the sharpest band around!

Post by NUMBER THREE Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:39 pm

the sharpest band around! L_27acd737eb90614426381bc1825404ba

this album is good for every occasion but especially when you want to feel like life is an epic battle through a dark thicket of snow-covered pines and there are demons in everything. like when you're riding your bike or working out at the gym. this is gods of the earth by the sword. pretty... pretty... pretty good.
NUMBER THREE
NUMBER THREE

Back to top Go down

the sharpest band around! Empty Re: the sharpest band around!

Post by zomg4evr Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:35 am

I just can't into these guys. I tried but the stoner metal thing just doesn't work for me
Image hosted by servimg.com
zomg4evr
zomg4evr

Back to top Go down

Post by NUMBER THREE Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:46 pm

to me, to speak of stoner metal denotes a certain lack of intellect. and the sword is certainly not that to me. their lyrics are sweet. but the more i listen to gods of the earth for how good it is, the more i realize that the age of winters is an unrepeatable triumph in metal. like after reading the crossing by cormac mccarthy, i'll never hear a howling wolf sound and not think of this band.

the sharpest band around! Sword
NUMBER THREE
NUMBER THREE

Back to top Go down

Post by zomg4evr Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:21 am

When I say stoner I don't think it has to do with lack intellect but the slow low sound with a hint of late 70's rock like these guys, Baroness, Priestess, and a bunch of other I can't think of now. Stoner is not an insult to the style. But with that said I just get bored with most of this stuff to quickly, not my thing.

I do have to say though Baroness is pretty cool to watch live.
zomg4evr
zomg4evr

Back to top Go down

Post by NUMBER THREE Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:25 pm

i changed my mind from my previous post in this thread. Upon repeated listenings, Gods of the Earth is indeed better than Age of Winters. It is soooo good. I can't wait for this show on Monday. Anyone ever heard of the openers? Slough Fed and Children?
NUMBER THREE
NUMBER THREE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down